Thursday 22nd of November 2018 at 11.00 am, at the Meeting Room of the Academy of Fine Arts of Brescia SantaGiulia, in via Tommaseo 49 in Brescia, is taking place a press conference to present the collaboration agreement signed between our Academy and Silpakorn University of Bangkok, Thailand.
The historic Silpakorn University is the partner of the agreement. The university was founded in 1943 in Bangkok by the Italian Corrado Feroci and is currently the main Thai university of fine arts.
The primary objective of the collaboration between the two companies is the activation of educational initiatives aimed at developing real design experiences related to the deepening of mutual cultures with a view to exchanging opportunities and good practices.
The project is part of the study on the Outskirts, started in the SantaGiulia Academy starting from 2015-2016. The results of these works will be exhibited, together with other works of the students of the Hdemia, at Palazzo Martinengo, headquarters of the Fondazione Provincia di Brescia Eventi, which supports the activities of the Hdemia.
At the Press conferenceare attendingt:
- Giovanni Lodrini, Foppa Group CEO
- Benedetta Albini, General Manager of Gruppo Foppa
- Riccardo Romagnoli, Director of the Santa Giulia Academy of Brescia
- Ilaria Manzoni, Deputy Director of the Academy of Fine Arts SantaGiulia of Brescia
- Micaela Bottoni, Headquarter Director of the Academy of Fine Arts SantaGiulia of Brescia
- Massimo Tantardini, Professor in charge, school coordinator of the degree course in Graphics and Communication, disciplinary coordinator of the School of Scenography, referent for international projects, of the Academy of Fine Arts Santa Giulia in Brescia
- Nicoletta Bontempi, President of the Fondazione Provincia di Brescia Eventi
Next to them, also representatives of Silpakorn University in Bangkok Thailand:
- Dr. Thanatorn Jiarakun, Dean of Decorative Arts Faculty
- Mr. Panot pluemchusak, Deputy Dean for Student Affairs
- Mr. Nathrathanon thongsuthipheerapas, Assistant Dean for Special Affairs
- Dr. Anugoon buranaprapuk, Head of Fashion Design Department
Furthermore, the Thai delegation will be a guest of our Academy throughout the day and will take part in a series of initiatives, including a visit to the Vuoto di Città exhibition, dedicated to the suburbs.